Bryan P. Franey
TEL: (484) 430-2308
Bryan P. Franey is an associate with Manko, Gold, Katcher & Fox, LLP. Mr. Franey has experience in counseling and representing clients on a range of environmental, energy, and health and safety matters. His practice focuses on the environmental aspects of commercial transactions and real estate development, regulatory compliance matters (particularly in the area of air quality), permitting, sustainability, energy efficiency and renewable energy development. He has represented a broad array of clients from private individuals through major international corporations in various types of matters including:
- Defending enforcement actions by federal, state, and local agencies, including responding to orders, information requests, penalty assessments, and negotiating settlements;
- Advising clients in the development of electric vehicle, energy efficiency and renewable energy projects including the drafting of power purchase agreements, sale/purchase of renewable energy credits, drafting and negotiation of lease and easement agreements, and identifying and applying for public funding;
- Developing cleanup compliance strategies for industrial clients at operating facilities and at waste disposal sites to address historic contamination under state and federal cleanup authorities;
- Advising clients on compliance with complex federal and state regulatory requirements;
- Addressing permitting issues, including National Pollution Discharge Elimination System ("NPDES") discharge, wastewater pre-treatment, water allocation, Total Maximum Daily Load ("TMDL") development and implementation, wetlands, stormwater, soil erosion and sediment control, air emissions, hazardous waste treatment, etc.;
- Appealing air quality and water quality permits in response to objectionable conditions, lack of operational flexibility, and onerous or inapplicable compliance conditions.
Prior to law school, Bryan worked as an energy consultant in Fairfax, Virginia, assisting industrial and commercial clients optimize energy supply sources and decrease energy demand. He was a summer associate with the firm in 2006.
In law school, Bryan was managing editor of the symposium for the Villanova Law Review and the co-founder and president of Villanova’s Environmental and Energy Law Society.
In 2013, he was listed in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers magazine as a "Rising Star" in environmental law.
- Villanova Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2008
- James Madison University, B.S., cum laude (Integrated Science and Technology with energy concentration), 2002
- Bar admission in Pennsylvania and New Jersey
- Delaware Valley Environmental Inn of Court
- Pennsylvania Bar Association